“Personal Data” includes information in respect of commercial transactions which identifies or locates an individual, or is capable of doing so. Examples of Personal Data include name, identity card number, address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation and any other relevant information.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, purchasing our product(s) or engaging with our service(s), you agree and consent to us, as well as our service providers for collecting, processing and disclosing your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Policy.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
• personal data submitted to us directly whether through telephone, letters, fax, face to face meetings, e-mail or other modes of contact;
• personal data collected from application forms, sales orders or any other related forms;
• personal data collected through your participation in our customer satisfaction surveys or when you respond to communications from Pekat Group;
• personal data provided by you through our website or our social media pages in form of queries, messages or comments;
• personal data collected from any third party which are consented by you;
• personal data collected from public available sources.
• Should you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party, you represent to us that you have notified the third party of the terms of this Policy and obtained his or her consent thereto.
Purposes for Collection
The Personal Data are collected, processed and/or disclosed for amongst others the following purposes:
• providing you with your requested products and/or services;
• responding to, processing and handling your queries, feedbacks and suggestions;
• verifying your identity, processing payments as well as managing our administrative and business operations;
• providing updates on products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about Pekat Group’s products and/or services;
• conducting research, surveys and trend analysis on subjects, such as product development, statistical and testing purposes;
• improving our services and communications to you;
• auditing and risk management purpose; and
• complying with applicable laws and regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and directions issued by relevant authorities.
Disclosure of Personal Data
In furtherance to the purposes for collection of your Personal Data, we may disclose your Personal Data, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards to the following parties:
• agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide amongst others operational or administrative services, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment and storage services;
• professional advisors and external auditors, such as legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
• to any governmental and relevant authorities to the extent necessary to comply with any laws, regulations, rules, directions, guidelines and other similar requirements; and
• any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or in servers located in Singapore & Taiwan. We may also transfer your Personal Data to third party service providers located outside Malaysia.
All Personal Data in our possession will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy any legal regulatory or accounting requirements.
Right to Access and Correct Personal Data
If you wish obtain information about your Personal Data stored by us, you may submit your request for access to the Personal Data. In this regard, please contact us in writing at the contact details provided below. Should you have any queries, objections or complaints about the processing of your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw consent which you have provided voluntarily, please contact us in writing at the contact details provided below.
Please note we shall have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the PDPA 2010 and fees may be imposed for the access of your Personal Data.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time without prior notice. Any changes to the Policy will be uploaded onto our website and therefore, we encourage you to check/visit our website from time to time to keep abreast with the latest amendments.
Should you have any queries about this Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Updated as of 15 December 2021